Author Topic: Never done this before!  (Read 2540 times)

45regan

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Only have 2 high schools shows under my belt and getting ready to do a show at a community theatre. Hey everyones gotta start somewhere right?
  • Experience: High School
Never done this before!
« on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:53 pm »
My name is Regan and I'm very new to the world of theatre. I am so glad I've found it though! A brief summary of my work in the theatre includes a play (Almost, MAine) and a musical (Annie Get Your Gun). For both I was a part of the build crew and the run crew. They were both put on by my high schools theatre department, so they weren't anything fancy. By the end of the musical I knew that I had found a home backstage. I'm a senior in high school right now and I know that when I go to college in the fall I want to pursue a degree in theatre with some sort of concentration in technical theatre. I've never actually been a stage manager but I think it's the goal at some point to make it to SM. For both of the shows I've done I was considered a backstage lead and I got to run the rail and I was in charge of all the runners and making sure all of the transitions happened the way they were supposed to. It was great fun and I'm very excited to be volunteering at my local community theatre soon to help build a set and help tech the show. If anyone is doing any shows in the Los Angeles area and is interested in having a shadow I'm totally up for being an assistant! I'll be quiet and listen to whatever you have to say. Anyways regardless of that I'm glad I found this forum to learn more about the backstage world. Thanks for reading this! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

riotous