Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2660 times)

Randy Threewits

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Hello
« on: Mar 14, 2016, 12:31 pm »
Hi all,

I've done some work both backstage and onstage.  I'm a software developer by trade and am always looking for things I can do computer-wise to help people in their work.    I'm here looking for ideas on things I can do and feedback on things I've done.   

There is a lot of great information and ideas  here and am looking forward to learning what I can from all of you.

Michelle R. Wood

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • website
  • Affiliations: EMC, East Carolina University
  • Current Gig: Resident Stage Manager at Temple Theatre
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2016, 01:56 pm »
Welcome from a fellow computer geek (I'm a developer/designer). I just took a workshop on creating projections for theatre at SETC and got a lot of ideas for how to integrate emerging technology in live theatre. There's really cool stuff happening on what you can do with a computer and projector. The software we were recommended to use is called Isadora. Feel free to PM me for more information from the workshop.
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." -- Thomas Edison (Harper's Magazine, 1932)

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2016, 05:52 am »
Good to see another developer on here. A quick search of your name tells me that you're the developer of an app that was recently mentioned in another thread on our site. While I do wish you welcome, I hope you'll forgive me for being leery of any developer who joins the site. Every single time I see a post like this, the developer immediately jumps over to Tools of the Trade and posts an ad for their software.

I hope you are genuinely interested in joining our community of stage managers for the long term, but you and I both know that you're here to sell your app to us. I would like to point you to our guidelines regarding advertisements, as we are very, very, very strict about those rules. I look forward to seeing your contributions to our community so that future stage managers can benefit from your prior experiences.

Randy Threewits

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2016, 10:16 am »
Hi PSMKay. 

I am here looking for ideas and possible feedback,  not to sell.   In fact I emailed the Tools of the Trade moderator yesterday to explain my purpose for being here to ensure that I respected the guidelines of the forums. 

I am already very pleased with all the good information I've found here and look forward to delving deeper into the forum.

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2016, 06:35 pm »
Your message seeking an exemption from the minimum content requirement for advertisers was shared with the team.

Thank you for being willing to make the effort.