Author Topic: Intro to SMNetwork  (Read 1435 times)

Cyt_Denver_SM

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Cyt Denver
  • Current Gig: Guys and Dolls with CYT Denver
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Intro to SMNetwork
« on: Mar 22, 2014, 11:28 pm »
Hello everyone!!

My name is Amber. I am 19 years old, and a highschool grad from Colorado Virtual Academy. I am currently not attending a college, but I am intending to take a stage manager class from Red Rocks Community College this upcoming semester. My stage manager experience is limited right now to managing 2 youth theater productions. I am currently on my 3rd. I managed The Little Mermaid, Willy Wonka, and right now I'm working on Guys and Dolls. The theatre company I am working with is named Christian Youth Theatre (CYT). It is a youth theater company for students ages 8-18. I played in a total of 9 shows there before aging out. Just after I aged out they started asking for stage managers, and I took that opportunity.

I have greatly enjoyed working as a stage manager and am looking at this as a career option, as well as performing in productions when I can. I joined this website in hopes of getting some tips for managing well and if anyone has any connections or suggestions as to what I can do to get better at what I do.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning new things!

Thanks!

cytdenver.org

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Intro to SMNetwork
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2014, 01:14 pm »
Hi and welcome!