Author Topic: Hello from California!  (Read 3042 times)

mitchwebb

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: The Walt Disney Company, CSULB, Hofstra University
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Hello from California!
« on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:30 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am currently working in various corners of the theatre/entertainment industry. Currently I'm a Guest Talent Coordinator for the Walt Disney Company (Fancy name for a role that is half production coordinator and half non-union SM). I'm also a Booking & Contract Manager for a 424 seat community theatre in Southern California, as well as a freelance SM for various small theatres in and around the LA/OC area. On top of all of that, I am in the final stages of getting my Bachelors Degree in Tech Theatre (I suppose I am what they call a "super senior").

I joined this forum because most of my experience Stage Managing has been in non-traditional SM forms, such as event focused, site-specific focused, etc..

I am hoping to refresh myself on the traditional theatrical SM skill set and continue to grow my craft by submerging myself back into the world that got me interested in theatre in the first place. Thank you for letting me apart of this family!

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Hello from California!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2018, 11:06 am »
Welcome Aboard!
Please be sure and share your experiences as we can all learn from one another, no matter how long we've been doing this!
(from one Super Senior to another!)
Ordo ab chao

riotous