Author Topic: Greetings from Kentucky!  (Read 2435 times)

Atlanta

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Morehead State University Theatre Department
  • Current Gig: Pinocchio Commedia
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Greetings from Kentucky!
« on: Jun 29, 2018, 10:49 am »
Hello there!

I am about to start my junior year as a Theatre major at my university! I haven't been stage managing for long, but it seems to be something I was born to do. There's just something so thrilling about being in total control of situations and being the go-to person for everyone involved in the production process! My favorite show that I have stage managed was The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) and I am currently stage managing a children's theatre production of Pinocchio Commedia.

It was suggested that I share a tip, a tale, or a bit of trivia to spice up my introduction, so a fun little fact is: A show I have been working on for a little over a year (first as deck crew, then a touring actor, now an ASM) has been invited to perform at the International Collegiate Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland next month and I will be one of the ASMs! I'm so nervous, but so excited!  ;D
One of the best things about being in theatre is living at the intersection of reality, fantasy, and the written word.

VSM

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vernonwillet.com
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM - Laguna Playhouse
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Greetings from Kentucky!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2018, 10:33 am »
Welcome Aboard and have a great time in Edinburgh!!!
Ordo ab chao

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Greetings from Kentucky!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2018, 09:39 pm »
Welcome! Sounds like an exciting project. :)