Author Topic: Greetings, from a sports nut turned theatre enthusiast!  (Read 2556 times)

Aubeagle24

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Equity Membership Candidate
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Hello from the wonderful town of Knoxville, Tennessee! My name is Alex, and I am a senior at the University of Tennessee hoping to graduate in May with a degree in Theatre.

I found this website while looking for helpful suggestions on various paperwork templates, and decided that I should become an active user! Now, just a little bit about me and my background. As I said before I am a Theatre major, but when I first started college I was a civil engineer. I did theatre all throughout high school, but figured that it was not a valid career choice for me moving forward in life.

I ended up being a deck crew member on a show my sophomore year, and then got sucked into the entire theatre community. 2 and a half years and 17 shows later my entire life has been turned around. After my third show I found the amazing world of Stage Management, and found that it was where I really fit in. I have now stage managed 3 shows and ASM'ed 5 shows. I just completed a stage management internship at Des Moines Metro Opera this summer, and that experience was extremely helpful.  I am now trying to decide if I want to take the Opera management route or continue on the Musical and Classical theatre path. It is one of the many things I am hoping to figure out in my final year at school.

Thank you for reading my book, and I hope to become a supporting member of this great site!
“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S. Truman

yomanda

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Community Theatre
Re: Greetings, from a sports nut turned theatre enthusiast!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2013, 10:12 am »
Hello and welcome!
I don't live that far from Knoxville and have been over there numerous times to see shows at the Tennessee Theatre.  I didn't know UT had a theater program - I'll have to look at my schedule and see if I can't make it over there for a show.

Good luck in your final year at UT! 

-yomanda

Aubeagle24

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Equity Membership Candidate
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Re: Greetings, from a sports nut turned theatre enthusiast!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2013, 11:16 am »
Yomanda-

That is great! The Clarence Brown Theatre is attached to UT, and is actually a LORT D theatre. Which is how I was able to start earning points towards equity! We are doing some great shows this semester as well. (I hear the stage manager for Our Country's Good is pretty awesome ;)  Come see us sometime!
“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S. Truman