Author Topic: From PEI to Manhattan - smalltown girl with a cue bible  (Read 3650 times)

SMrobyn

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: SM - 7 Stories
  • Experience: College/Graduate
Hello!

My name is Robyn, and I'm from an extremely small French farm-town on PEI. I know what you're thinking... Canada, eh? Do you apologize when you call cues or tell people what to do? Well the answer to that question is no. I love stage management so much, and I'm studying Theatre in university right now. I want this more than I have ever wanted anything, ever. I've received a lot of positive feedback from my profs, past TD's and directors, as well as the parents of children who have been in many of the shows I've SM-ed. I've also had the chance to work under some amazing stage managers and directors, and can't wait to broaden my horizons and my mind.

From this little red-dirt island, I hope to someday stage manage for Broadway, on a much more interesting island. Musical Theatre is my passion, and one of my biggest dream jobs would be Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.

I can't wait to start learning from all of you, and thank you for being out here in the internet world for those of us who love to immerse ourselves in what we do.

And with that.... Lx 1... go!
A dream is a wish your heart makes... And I dream of lighting cues, prop sheets, quick changes and prompt books :)

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: From PEI to Manhattan - smalltown girl with a cue bible
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2013, 09:44 am »
Hi and welcome to the boards, Robyn! (I confess, the first thing I thought of when I read "PEI" was Anne of Green Gables). Good to have you here!

SMrobyn

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: SM - 7 Stories
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2013, 10:37 am »
Thanks!! And yeah, its kind of a curse. The locals are to the point where it "pays the bills" to have all the Anne stuff around, and it's great for theatre employees actually. But don't get me started about how often I've seen all those shows!
A dream is a wish your heart makes... And I dream of lighting cues, prop sheets, quick changes and prompt books :)

ReyYaySM

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Freelance
  • Experience: Professional
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2013, 11:57 am »
Hello and welcome to SMNetwork Robyn!  I've done two regional productions of Cinderella.  It's a beautiful show and the transformation sequence is one of the most complicated cueing sequences I've had the pleasure of calling.  I hope you get the opportunity to work on a production.