Author Topic: But it IS my circus, and they ARE my monkeys...  (Read 3094 times)

showco

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: Professional
But it IS my circus, and they ARE my monkeys...
« on: Feb 16, 2016, 11:49 pm »
Lots of folks on Facebook want to post that meme.  I'm afraid that would make me a hypocrite!

Hello everyone -- I'm Terrence -- I'm a touring PSM for contemporary circus / illusion / musicals -- pretty much you name it.  I've been on the road with Spiegelworld's ABSINTHE and EMPIRE shows throughout Australia (twice), New Zealand, Japan, Canada and the US.  I'm about to head out for a quick run of LE NOIR in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha (say that one five times fast!).  Prior to the touring life and literally running the circus, I called illusion shows, namely David Copperfield and Steve Wyrick, both in Las Vegas.

I'm great with creative technical troubleshooting and "unique" calling situations, and am often the "fix it guy" for other people's stage management messes.  It's a good reputation to have in our biz.  But, then again, I'm sure none of the members here are the folks I've been cleaning up after.   :P

Nice to meet everyone,
Terrence

KMC

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Project Manager, Systems Integration
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: But it IS my circus, and they ARE my monkeys...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:03 am »
Welcome, Terrence!

What are your dates in Dubai and what venue are you playing?  I'm living here for the next year or so for work.  If the dates line up with my schedule it'd be good to see the show!
Get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action. -T. Roosevelt

Branden

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2016, 09:54 pm »
Hello!

That saying drives me crazy!! I worked at a place where everyone in the SM office would say that.

Branden Scott Stewart

"What's next?"
-The West Wing

SMAshlee

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Porchlight Music Theatre
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2016, 11:13 am »
Welcome to the forum! We probably know many of the same people. I lived in Vegas a few years ago and know others that have worked on Absinthe. I'm sure you have lots of valuable insight to share.