Author Topic: *Insert Terrible Adele Pun Here*  (Read 3258 times)

southernsoprano

• Tourist
    • View Profile
  • Experience: College/Graduate
*Insert Terrible Adele Pun Here*
« on: Mar 12, 2016, 01:02 am »
Hey guys! I'm a longtime lurker of this board (if a year can be counted as a long time), and I figured it was time to bite the bullet and make myself known.

I'm a sophomore at a large, southern university and I'm pretty new to stage management - I'm a drama major, and when I took my college's production management course last semester, I was absolutely hooked. I've ASMed two shows and one pretty huge event so far, and I haven't set anything on fire yet, so you could say it's going well.

As for introductory trivia, the *gibberish* that seems to make up a lot of the lyrics to Rhianna's new single "Work" isn't gibberish at all - it's actually Jamaican Patois  ;)
"You are enough, you are so enough, it's unbelievable how enough you are!" - Sierra Boggess

SMAshlee

• Contributor
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Current Gig: Porchlight Music Theatre
  • Experience: Professional
Re: *Insert Terrible Adele Pun Here*
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2016, 10:15 am »
Welcome fellow southerner! I'm curious as to what school you're going to, message me if you want to. I'm originally from Arkansas, worked in Oklahoma, followed by Texas, was in Alabama while my husband was in grad school, and know professors in Louisiana and Florida.

Hope you find the forum helpful!

bex

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Affiliations: AEA, Auburn University
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM/ASM
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2016, 06:13 pm »
Another fellow Southerner! I went Auburn- if you any qualms about doing theater at a cow college, I'm your gal.
You will have to sing for your supper & your mortgage, your dental coverage & your children's shoes, over & over again while people in desk jobs roll their eyes the minute you start to complain. So it's a good thing you like to sing.

Maribeth

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2016, 08:46 pm »
Welcome!

SMGrant

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
  • Experience: College/Graduate
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2016, 11:26 pm »
Welcome from another fellow southerner!!! Being a theatre major in SEC football territory is definitely an experience!!

Michelle R. Wood

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • website
  • Affiliations: EMC, East Carolina University
  • Current Gig: Resident Stage Manager at Temple Theatre
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2016, 12:53 pm »
Nothing wrong with being a Southerner (or coming to the South). I'm very happy to be back home in the warm weather. Hope you find this forum as helpful as I have.
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." -- Thomas Edison (Harper's Magazine, 1932)

riotous