Author Topic: work samples?  (Read 2947 times)

bemalk

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PSM-Ocean Professional Theatre Company
  • Experience: Professional
work samples?
« on: Mar 30, 2010, 09:49 pm »
Hi everyone!

I'm applying for internships/apprenticeships/jobs for this summer and next year and a few theatres are asking for work samples to be included.  Any advice on which paperwork to send?

Thanks!!!
Becky
“Perhaps, therefore, ideal Stage Managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their crafts, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds.”

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
Re: work samples?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2010, 12:32 am »
When I hired interns, I like to see a some samples from various shows - so, a couple calling pages,a prop list, a run book, etc, etc . . . just something to show how you approach the work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

bemalk

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PSM-Ocean Professional Theatre Company
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2010, 10:17 pm »
Thanks!! I'm going to be e-mailing samples with my resume I was thinking of sending props lists, tracking sheets, run sheets, and maybe a rehearsal and performance report.  Do you think those would be adequate?
“Perhaps, therefore, ideal Stage Managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their crafts, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds.”

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2010, 11:46 pm »
That all would be great - to give potential employers an insight into your level of work, and your style of stage management.

Where ever you work, they may already have paperwork they want you to use, but it will help give them a view into your style.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.