Author Topic: When Hiring Other SM's...  (Read 9481 times)

Amie

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
    • Amie S. Bajlaieh  - Stage Manager. Producer. Artist.
  • Affiliations: Crossroads Theatre Company, Rutgers University
  • Current Gig: Producing Associate, Crossroads Theatre Company
  • Experience: Professional
Re: When Hiring Other SM's...
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2009, 10:43 pm »
J
I have had yahoo issues rather recently, and have since used my gmail account. The last show I did was for a university and my cast of students all got my emails just fine...but I never got ANY of theirs'.  Not sure what the glitch was. So yes, there are definitely pros and cons. I agree.  We should open a topic (elsewhere) about what email providers have worked and such. It would be interesting discuss how email is used (in terms of organizing folders, labels, inbox, etc) and what glitches we've come across.

Another thread, another time.

I do agree though. But in the event that it's not a spam filter issue.....?
~ Amie ~

“This whole creation is essentially subjective, and the dream is the theater where the dreamer is at once: scene, actor, prompter, stage manager, author, audience, and critic.”

KMC

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Project Manager, Systems Integration
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: When Hiring Other SM's...
« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2009, 10:50 pm »
J
I have had yahoo issues rather recently, and have since used my gmail account. The last show I did was for a university and my cast of students all got my emails just fine...but I never got ANY of theirs'.  Not sure what the glitch was. So yes, there are definitely pros and cons. I agree.  We should open a topic (elsewhere) about what email providers have worked and such. It would be interesting discuss how email is used (in terms of organizing folders, labels, inbox, etc) and what glitches we've come across.

Another thread, another time.

I do agree though. But in the event that it's not a spam filter issue.....?

I've started a thread in Tools of the Trade titled "Conquering Spam Filters".
Get action. Do things; be sane; don’t fritter away your time; create, act, take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action. -T. Roosevelt