Author Topic: West End Employment  (Read 2733 times)

Millie

• Tourist
    • View Profile
West End Employment
« on: Dec 22, 2008, 12:54 pm »
Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place to put this, so feel free to move it if it needs to be moved.
I have a couple of questions that I´m hoping someone doing West End theatre might be able to answer.
I know that the US has very strict laws concerning unions etc and who can work where, does the UK have the same thing?  I´m looking into the possibility of moving to London for a couple of years to work and want to know what it would involve. 
Also, I´m going to be in London around the end of Jan/start of Feb, and would love to pick a brain or two while I´m there, if anyone would be up for it.  Coffees on me of course!  :)
Thanks for the help

sourc3

• Contributor
  • Resident Master of The Universe
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: Still workin' on it
Re: West End Employment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:22 am »
I'm a student in the states currently in London for a class myself. In poking around a bit - I notice that Cirque du Soleil is doing an "interview fair" of sorts on the 3rd of Feb here in London. www.cirquedusoleil.com/redcurtain is the place to go to register for it. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for - but at least an interesting place to learn a bit more about the trade, eh?
-David