Onstage > Employment

Websites part deux

<< < (3/3)

BrandiShook:
I know this thread hasn't been used in awhile but I would really love some feedback on my website! It is www.brandishook.weebly.com

I would love any help anyone has to offer!

Thanks in advance!

KMC:
I would suggest removing personal contact information from the "contact" section and the PDF version of your resume that's available on the site.  Your email and phone number are available to the world, which is not always a good thing.  You have a contact form, and I'd also suggest pointing to your LinkedIn profile.  Between those two it will not be difficult to contact you.

smejs:
Hi Brandi,

While photos are nice, I find they don't mean much to me without some heading or caption telling me what I'm looking at, and what connection you had to the project(s). This is in reference to your home page. It's a bit better on the individual show pages once I found those. On the Selected SM Portfolio main page, I also might add a bit of instruction at the top like "click on the image to see additional photos and production information." It's great that you have a lot of photos to choose from, but you might whittle it down to a smaller selection for us to focus on, with highlights of varied looks. It's almost too much to look at with 29 photos of Junie B, for example, when 3 are of the same character (a mouse, I think) in nearly the same pose.

You also might check the formatting of some of your paperwork samples. Your sign-in sheet has two extraneous columns on the 2nd page, for instance, and it's the first document I end up seeing. Another (entrance/exit tracking) is very tiny and hard to read - looks like perhaps it got shrunk? Also, FYI, it took me a bit to load them (yesterday, the Costume Plot never loaded and had "image not found" though today it works).

I agree with what KMC said about contact information, and add that it's also on your samples, which perhaps you could black out.

Please take this as constructive criticism, just trying to help you present your best you!

Best of luck,
Erin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version