Author Topic: Theatre L'Homme Dieu  (Read 3558 times)

sm_ace

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Theatre L'Homme Dieu
« on: Mar 25, 2007, 10:04 pm »
Theatre L'Homme Dieu
any one got any expierance related info on this place, I just got offered a job there as an assistant stage manager and am just looking for some idea of how this place works.

GalFriday

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: IATSE
  • Current Gig: Programmer for Hire
  • Experience: Former SM
Re: Theatre L'Homme Dieu
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2007, 01:20 pm »
Hello -

I just joined this board and see this post is from a while ago. Did you take the job?

I worked there as an ASM many, many moons ago - about 15 years - so I am sure many things have changed. At the time the theater was the summer stock for The University of Akron operating under an Equity guest artist contract. It was a great summer. We worked very hard and had a lot of fun. Alexandria is a small town. We took a few road trips to St. Cloud and two big trips to the twin cities to see the work going on there. I had the chance to work with many up and coming directors and experimental directors who really widened my horizons.  I thoroughly enjoyed my summer in the land of 10,000 lakes..and 10,000,000 million mosquitos. - Dani

PS - if the costume shop is still there you may even find my name signed somewhere in the rafters.

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" - Stephen Sondheim

04sdwall

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA membership candidate
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2007, 03:55 pm »
Hey Dani,
   I see you used to work in MN, did you do any other work in MN?  I was ASM at the History Theatre in St. Paul. 
~Sten

GalFriday

• SM Expert
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: IATSE
  • Current Gig: Programmer for Hire
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2007, 06:40 am »
Hi Sten -

No, L'Homme Dieu was my only Minnesota experience. We did have some great director's that came up from Mixed Blood and Guthrie and some of our alumni did settle in the twin cities but I never had a chance to make it back. - Dani
"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" - Stephen Sondheim