Author Topic: SM Employment Advice  (Read 4180 times)

boolabella

• New to Town
    • View Profile
SM Employment Advice
« on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:05 am »
So I am a sophomore BFA Stage Management major at the University of Miami and I'm looking into finding an internship for the summer.  Many of the actors at my school attend SETC to find summer theatre work.  Apparently they do interview stage managers at the conference, but I don't know anyone who has gone before.  I'm curious if anyone has any advice or experience they could share with me about it.  Is it worth looking into or is there a better way to network and get a summer internship?

Thanks!
Lauren
Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.”

ljh007

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
Re: SM Employment Advice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2006, 05:44 pm »
There are a few threads already going in this forum about finding summer jobs. Check out "Summer Jobs" posted by Kelly a few subjects down on the main index. Are you looking to stay in Miami, or are you interested in travel? Do you want to take a residency at a particular theatre, or would you consider touring? Do you need paid work, or are you also considering summer internships? You'll find advice about all these different options and more in the Employment Forum - just start clicking through discussions!

riotous