Author Topic: Post College Employment  (Read 10285 times)

MatthewShiner

• Forum Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Freelance Stage Manager; Faculty for UMKC
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Post College Employment
« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 2009, 09:45 pm »
I am the PSM for Shakespeare Theatre Company and do all the SM hiring.  Let me know if you have questions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything posted here as in my own personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer - whomever they be at a given moment in time.

missliz

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • Affiliations: AEA
« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 2009, 01:07 am »
For housing and pay (though not EMC), I had a lovely time at the New London Barn in New Hampshire. Housed, fed, and paid, so if you're smart most of your money is saved.
I personally would like to bring a tortoise onto the stage, turn it into a racehorse, then into a hat, a song, a dragon and a fountain of water. One can dare anything in the theatre and it is the place where one dares the least. -Ionesco

loebtmc

• View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, SMA
  • Current Gig: Caroling, caroling now we go — and looking for my next gig!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 2009, 03:38 am »
PCPA is in a lovely section of SoCal (you may have seen Santa Maria on the news during Michael Jackson's trial) - when I was up there years ago they had a terrific program, you learn by doing, and the summer program transfers the shows between two venues to you get to experience a mini-tour and get a taste for the kind of work invovled.

Libby

« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2009, 05:47 pm »
Is there a place you want to end up? A certain coast or a city? It's not necessary to work in a place that has connections to a general location, but it could help set goals/narrow down your search.

lissa1600

• Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2009, 05:51 pm »
I interned at The Shakespeare Theatre Company in DC. Its a great program to be apart of, and DC is a wonderful place to live and work.

bemalk

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PSM-Ocean Professional Theatre Company
« Reply #20 on: Nov 12, 2009, 01:46 am »
I'm open-minded to everywhere but I would love a drastic change.  Possibly somewhere on the west coast?  That's one reason I would really love to go on tour, so it could help me make that decision.

By the way, are you Libby U.? Worked at the Hangar?
“Perhaps, therefore, ideal Stage Managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their crafts, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds.”

Libby

« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2009, 06:05 pm »
Oh. I am. and bemalk would make you becky. I didn't put the two together. Hi  :)

bemalk

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: PSM-Ocean Professional Theatre Company
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2009, 05:28 am »
Have you worked at either? Like I said before, I would really like to get out of PA but if they have good programs where I can learn and  have some good experiences it is worth a shot.

Anyone know anything about them?
“Perhaps, therefore, ideal Stage Managers not only need to be calm and meticulous professionals who know their crafts, but masochists who feel pride in rising above impossible odds.”