Author Topic: Listing readings on a resume  (Read 4146 times)

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
  • Experience: Professional
Listing readings on a resume
« on: Jun 08, 2008, 10:46 pm »
How and where do you do this? I'm still fairly new to NY and as such feel that it's important to list all of the companies, directors, etc that I've worked with since I've been here. Currently my resume is set up under the following headings, but I'm not sure where readings fall into this or if I just not it with the show.

Headings:

NY Stage Management

Regional Stage Management

Related Technical Experience

I was thinking of adding a NY Readings/Workshops categories, but that seems like a bit much.

Thoughts would be much appreciated!
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.

Jessie_K

• Superstar!
    • View Profile
    • International Stage Manager of Mystery
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA (on leave)
  • Current Gig: Queen of the Night
Re: Listing readings on a resume
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2008, 11:00 pm »
Keep your readings/ workshops with NY stage management, just find a way to denote them as readings.

Libby

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2008, 10:57 am »
Jessie_k is right. just find a way to denote it. Personally I put it right next to the title of show. I also usually make the font a little smaller. For instance:

Show title (Staged Reading)

The other way I have seen it is to use an asterisk or cross or some symbol and then have a key at the bottom of your resume.

MarcieA

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA
  • Current Gig: PSM, Lake George Dinner Theatre/Tri Cities Opera
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2008, 11:15 am »
Thanks guys. That's what I was doing, but I realised that I had more than just a few built up.
Companions whom I loved and still love, tell them my song.

shudson

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2008, 10:20 am »
I would list readings that might have some "buzz" to them (big names, announced projects).  Be careful about listing so many that it looks like you've done more readings than shows.  More than 3 can throw the balance off. 

Spinning them off to a separate category is good if they are "buzzworthy".  Otherwise go with the already mentioned format of "title of show (reading)" and keep it in NY.  But just call it Readings/Workshops - you don't need the NY thing, as it should be obvious from what you are listing.  And no one is going to care about an out of town reading unless you are in that town.

riotous