Author Topic: Acceptable content for resume  (Read 4338 times)

sm_ace

• Tourist
    • View Profile
Acceptable content for resume
« on: Dec 15, 2006, 01:12 am »
I am currrently reworking my resume to send to some summer stock places. I was just wondering since I have not done to much yet (as I am a freshman theatre major) so I was wondering how much of my high school work I should include on my resume. Only theatrical show? Only theatrical shows we produced. Currently I have not only theatrical shows we produced but also touring shows, concerts, and other performances/presentations I had an active role in working/developing.

avkid

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Philip LaDue
  • Affiliations: RFL, IATSE
  • Current Gig: Carpenter/Flyman at Count Basie Center For The Arts
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Acceptable content for resume
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2006, 04:45 pm »
Anything that is checkable, and of a decent level of complexity should help a little.
Philip LaDue
IATSE Local #21 Newark, NJ

LisaEllis

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2006, 12:57 am »
Anything that demonstrates skill and responsibility is fair game.

Also, since you're still fresh from things like community service, extracurriculars, special awards, all that stuff you had to put on college applications, it can show good character and enthusiasm to an employer as well.

Good luck with your search!  A lot of things are coming out now for the summer, so if you get your resume together soon, you should be in good shape.

ljh007

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: SMA
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2006, 09:17 am »
Absolutely - put all this experience on your resume. I would even separate it by category "Theatrical" "Tours" "Concerts & Events" and "Other experience" to show that you have diverse skills. As you get more professional experience, you can replace the old school shows with your professional experience.