Poll

Which app is more useful?

Clock
26 (92.9%)
Evernote
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: APPS Round 3: Clock vs Evernote  (Read 3345 times)

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
APPS Round 3: Clock vs Evernote
« on: Dec 08, 2014, 12:04 am »
Welcome back for round 3 of the Apps division! Your favorite mobile apps are duking it out to see who goes on to the Sweet Sixteen as we continue into the second week of December Madness!

Clock

It's the app that singlehandedly obliterated the wristwatch... CLOCK! As the first thing you see on your phone, it's easy to forget that the Clock is also an app. Digging into its functions you can usually find countdown timer, alarm and stopwatch functions. The stage manager's role as time keeper has made the stopwatch an iconic badge of the industry. (So much so that it's been my avatar here on SMNet for the ENTIRETY of its existence!) Are stage managers willing and able to discard their stopwatches in favor of this mighty widget? Can the Clock app manage to trump its tough opponent, the versatile and fancy Evernote?

Evernote
Hailing from Redwood City, CA, Evernote turns your pocket notebook into a digital, shareable compilation. Jot down notes, clip web pages, make checklists, share them with individuals, groups or the whole world. Sync them between your devices. A healthy pile of extensions integrates Evernote into other apps, allowing it to serve as a backup location/collator for shopping lists, text messages and voicemails.

Two strong competitors: one simple, one very complex. Which will survive round 3? We'll find out at midnight EST on the night of Dec. 10!

smejs

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
  • Affiliations: AEA, AGMA, SMA, USITT
  • Current Gig: Freelance SM in Denver
  • Experience: Professional
Re: APPS Round 3: Clock vs Evernote
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:11 pm »
While I use Evernote personally, i don't think I've used it yet for a show. And I've definitely used Clock.

riotous