Author Topic: Little help please... (Seeking College Recommendations)  (Read 20002 times)

angelofmusic1781

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: Little help please... (Seeking College Recommendations)
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:06 am »
I would agree that a general liberal arts degree for undergrad is great.  Take some stat/math/acct classes.  Some Lit coursework to get a board knowledge of writing styles.  Of course your major can be theatre, find a place that you can take 1 or 2 acting courses as well as technical course work.  That will help your communication skills.  After getting your BA you can then do some ASM/SM work.  Then if you want to get a specialized grad degree and you still like stage management you can look at some MFA programs which are mostly 3 years.

slinky5289

• New to Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2007, 10:08 pm »
I just wanted to thank all of you for your great suggestions. After much debate, I ended up at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL due to the advice of an alum who runs the company I had been working with. It's a great school and from everything I've experienced so far, a perfect fit for me. Because it's a small liberal arts school I get a good variety of classes outside of the theatre department. And even though the theatre department itself is rather small, the faulty are amazing and the amount of talent the students possess blows me away.

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
« Reply #32 on: Oct 25, 2007, 10:23 pm »
Yay, mission accomplished!