Author Topic: Grad schools with affiliates abroad  (Read 4428 times)

madkisso

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Grad schools with affiliates abroad
« on: Aug 05, 2008, 12:32 am »
I have been through all pages and while I found a topic for Grad schools abroad (to which there was no reply), I wanted to ask if anyone knew of Grad schools in the US who are affiliated with programs abroad (i.e. England).  It is too late for me to try a study abroad program as part of my undergrad, and because I don't feel that I got quite enough out of my undergrad, I want to continue on to grad school.  I have just started my search, so I don't have a lot of information, but I read that Virginia Tech has a grad program for stage managment.  On their site it says that they offer a tuition waver and that "Third year students participate in professional internships in the US and abroad."  I haven't heard anyone mention Virginia Tech; does anyone have any more info on this school?  And does anyone have info about the abroad thing?  Eventually, I would like to be stage managing in England, but first would like to grad school.  Thanks

SMdrum

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Current Gig: Resident SM at Matrix Theatre Company
  • Experience: Professional
Re: Grad schools with affiliates abroad
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2011, 07:09 pm »
I know Wayne State University does a month in Moscow trip every summer.  The students study at the Moscow Art Theatre School.  Undergrad and graduate students of all theatre disciplines can apply to go on the trip.

dackj

• New to Town
    • View Profile
  • Experience: High School
Re: Grad schools with affiliates abroad
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:01 am »
Stephen F Austin University in Texas has a program with a theatre in London where they give them a student stage manager for 2 semesters.

riotous