Author Topic: How to Make Good Panto Slop?  (Read 33644 times)

PSMKay

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smnetwork.org
  • Affiliations: None.
  • Current Gig: SMNetwork *is* my production.
  • Experience: Former SM
How to Make Good Panto Slop?
« on: Sep 25, 2007, 08:59 am »

I am working on a panto this Christmas where there is a slop scene involving "wallpaper pasting". I am currently using shaving foam, but this does not work well.

Does anyone else know of a good alternative. It goes on paper and on the performers.

Thanks in advance,

Graham.

jmc

• New to Town
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make Good Panto Slop?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2008, 04:36 pm »
This reply is a wee bit late, but may still be of value, for any others who may do panto?
Back in the 50's, working backstage making up the cream pies & slop. we used the old Shaving Styx, which are till available today.
The styx were cut into shavings & put into buckets of hot water. Then mixed by hand , using a Poss Stick [Washing agitator wooden pole]. Which was a task I got used to & it was flaming hard yakka, being only about 7 years old at the time. These days you can used a blender or an electric drill with a paint mixer attachment.
Many years later I tried the can foam spray, but found it did not hold it's peaks for long & because of the perfumes & chemicals they use to flog it, it was an iratant to the eyes & even can effect certain skin types.
Where the old shaving styx were pure natural products, without the fancy palaver added.
However the generic brands of foam, have little or any perfumes & additives, which is  much better. So it realy is a case of the cheapest is the best!
Tio Tio Chookas
{May you always play to a full house}
'Hear the light & see the sound'

riotous